“A safe, faster and flexible connection to our network and to our servers in Korea“
The story of Guy and Lilian or Guylian
The story of Chocolaterie Guylian began in 1960 with the marriage of Guy Foubert, a very talented praline maker and son of a Sint-Niklaas baker, to Liliane.
The idea of making chocolates in the shape of seashells became a worldwide success story.
Guy Foubert introduced modern technology in the production without changing his original recipe.
In 1988 a new factory opened in Sint-Niklaas, under the leadership of the next generation of the family. The factory continues to expand. In 2008 Guylian was acquired by the Lotte Group, one of the largest holdings in Korea. The 100% Belgian chocolates are being sold in more than 100 countries and Guylian even opened two venues in Sydney.
The Sint-Niklaas site has about 300 users and 125 PC’s. The Guylian ERP System is being replaced by SAP, running in the Korean head office. The SAP implementation requires a connection to the SAP servers in Korea. The need to migrate the system also became more urgent, as the existing aXsGuard gatekeepers were end of life, which caused performance and security issues. Also the e-mail security needs improvement. A cloud solution doesn’t seem appropriate, seen visibility, control and security are key. More things on the wishlist: Active Directory synchronization and QoS.
- Implementation of a clustered Juniper SSG 320 Firewalls for high availability, flexible but strong security and to establish the IPSEC VPN connection with the SAP Servers in Korea
- Implementation of Cisco Ironport as the anti-spam and anti-virus solution; an e-mail security appliance
- Implementation of the Juniper Networks SA2500 to establish SSL VPN connections with their own internal network in order to securely connect remote users and external partners to the office.
- Significant increase of the Security Level
- Faster connection, especially with the SAP servers
- Flexible, but safe access to the network for suppliers for instance
Davy De Permentier, Business Consultant at Guylian“
The advised design is very much what we needed. The flexibility, ease of use and the performance has an immediate impact, which makes the migration very appreciated by our users. And considering the seamless implementation, there is no doubt SecureLink is our new partner for all our security related matters”